Payroll Specialist to Edwards Lifesciences Nordic!
- Full time
- Type of work:
- Temp job
- Start date:
- Full time
- Type of work:
- Temp job
- Start date:
Do you have questions about this job?
Fanny Sandberg or a colleague in the recruitment team will gladly answer you on email@example.com. Please specify advert-ID in your email: 15089648
Are you looking for your next opportunity within payroll at a MedTech company that really makes a difference? Edwards Lifesciences is now looking for a Payroll Specialist to join their international team at the Malmö office. Here you are given the opportunity to work at an innovative company where great responsibility will be a part of your everyday work. You will be working in an international environment with lots of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow. Do not hesitate with your application as we work with ongoing selection.
About the role
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world’s leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America, and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide. You will work for Edwards Lifesciences Nordics which consists of approximately 50 coworkers in total. At the Malmö office, they are about 15 employees. You will be working with colleagues who are engaged and driven. Working at Edwards allows you to operate with colleagues from various backgrounds, cultures, and nationalities. The company language is English but you must be fluent in the Swedish language as well in order to communicate with your fellow colleagues at the Malmö office.
Academic Work is on behalf of our client Edwards Lifesciences Nordics looking for a Payroll Specialist who can start as soon as possible. The assignment will last for four months, but if you are a great fit for the role there is an opportunity for you to stay permanently. As a Payroll Specialist, you will report to the Country HR Manager and work closely with the Country Director as well as the Finance team. You will be fully responsible for the payroll in the Nordic countries. Your introduction will be held by the person who currently has the role today. Also, the company has a policy of working from home one day a week.
This is a consultant assignment. Academic Work will be your employer and you will work as a consultant at Edwards. The assignment will be a temp job starting as soon as possible. As a consultant at Academic Work you are offered a great opportunity to grow as a professional, extend your network and establish valuable contacts for the future. Read more about our offer.
Depending on your previous experience within the payroll area, your work tasks will differ. However, these tasks are the ones you need to master:
- Preparation of payroll documentation, communication with internal collaboration partners and external payroll provider
- Personal Records: up-to-date and maintenance of employees’ documentation and personal records, digital and in paper
- Data Management – proper use of all HR systems, ensuring compliance, maintaining data up to date, creation of periodical reports
- Advise employees and managers on a variety of payroll/administrative issues in Swedish as well as English language
If you are more experienced, these tasks might also be added:
- Preparation of employment contracts incl. compensation analysis for new employees as well as reference letters and certificates for existing employees
- Onboarding and orientation process for new employees
- Perform front line HR duties for assigned country(ies)
- Administration and implementation of internal policies in compliance with corporate requirements and legal/social/economic restrictions of the country
- Assess HR issues that require considerable judgment and risk management where EW policies and practices do not exist
We are looking for
We are looking for someone who has previous experience working with various payroll tasks. Other requirements:
- Know about relevant labor law changes and common awareness of the payroll market
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel) and a high level of comfort with different software tools and systems
- Business level in Swedish and English is mandatory since the global corporate language is English as well as Swedish at the Malmö office
Some additional "nice to haves" are:
- Another Nordic language
- Previously worked with Workday
- Previous experience working with payroll tasks in at least two different nordic countries
As a person, you appreciate working with processes, take ownership of your own work and have a good ability to prioritize. Furthermore, you are compliant, flexible, and have a good eye for details. You are not afraid to go deep and take relevant action and you are able to work independently. Also, you have excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both external and internal stakeholders.
- Length of the assignment: Four months, and perhaps a possibility to fill the role permanently
- Working hours: Office hours, Full time
- Location: Near Triangeln, Malmö
- Information about the recruitment process: Aside from the regular interviews conducted during the recruitment process, we will also include a personality- and logical reasoning test.
This recruitment process is handled by Academic Work and it is our client’s wish that all questions regarding the position are directed to Academic Work.
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.